Oct 29, 2010


Team Member Name: _Nicholas larson____________________

Publication_Grudo 6______________________Date:_04/23/10

Cartoonist:____Jose Herod__________________U.S./International

Title of the cartoon:_________________________________Cartoon#_2_

What action is taking place in the cartoon?

Caption: “I give him work, I give him food, I give him medicine, I help his women, what more do you guys want from me?”

The Haitian man is being portrayed as an ape, an ape that is happy to being taken care of. The Dominican is carrying the weight of the man and speaking to Hilary and Barrak. He says basically what else do you want me to do with the limited resources I have? You want us to do all of this but where is the help?


Tone of the cartoon: 1) positive or negative framing of undocumented immigrants (circle answer)2) positive or negative framing of immigration policies

What “reality” is constructed/framed about immigration/immigrants?


The cartoonist is also hinting to the double standard of the United States. With mounting political pressure for the Dominicans to take in their neighbors, the artist makes reference to the unwillingness to accept the Mexicans into the U.S. under similar circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment